The men and women of our club regard themselves as members of the global society so they actively seek and implement projects that make a difference to the lives and opportunities of people around the world.
Recent International Projects have included
- Distaster Aid boxes for needy overseas crisis events have been funded for some years on an annual basis.
- The club recently donated $2300 towards a rotary district 9800 vocational program “Mothers and Babies”, East Timor
- In conjunction with the Rotary Club of Eaglehawk a further $2000 helped send a shipping container of donated goods to Timor Leste. The goods go towards community development in Mabuisse.
- the purchase and location of 4 Shelter Boxes which house and protect up to 80 affected by natural disasters
- donations for clean water installations including water tanks and village wells
- the collection and donation of bras for women in need
- microcredit assistance for African women to purchase and keep hens for egg sales
- microcredit assistance for Timorese villagers through the purchase of boxed hand-made soaps
- funds for education assistance for African children and adults
- hosting Rotary International exchange students and Friendship Exchange Groups
- a Polio Plus donation of $1000