As Rotarians we are very aware of the circumstances and needs of people beyond our own community and are always looking for meaningful ways of contributing to their wellbeing.
Some National projects have included …
- A funded, “hands on” project which saw member Ian Esmore and his wife Isobel, travelling to Cape York as part of a RAWCS team to build houses for aboriginal families in Cape York.
- Donation of toys for the Aboriginal Women’s Children’s Play Group at the Flinders Rangers, Community Health Centre
- Donation of books, stationary, pens and pencils to children affected by bushfires
- Donation of books and toys for childen to play with when visiting family members in the Castlemaine Gaol.
- Donation of $500.00 to the Indigenous Literacy Day – Book Appeal
- Drought assistance for famers and their families
- Health Research Donations eg. Rotary Health Research Fund (mental health) , Prostate Cancer Research Fund